KB Kookmin Bank Selects Ciena Optical Encryption to Improve Data Security
20 Sep 2016
/ HANOVER, Md., USA
KB Kookmin Bank, the largest financial institution in Korea, is taking steps to improve the security of customer data by deploying Ciena’s® (NYSE: CIEN) encryption capabilities for secure, high-capacity data centre interconnect (DCI). With Ciena, KB Bank will be able to safeguard all data in-flight, giving customers the assurance that their critical information is protected at all times. The encryption solution protects KB Kookmin Bank’s data transmissions from its offices and enables secure data centre interconnect (DCI) between its data centers.
- A range of commonly used techniques exist today to protect data at-rest that secure servers, databases, routers, and switches by managing user access and credentialing. However, in today’s web-scale world, large amounts of critical data are in-flight and transported beyond the walls of the data center, traversing a larger, wide area network.
- Ciena’s optical-layer encryption solution gives KB Kookmin Bank an additional level of protection and protects data in flight, as it leaves the private cloud and is transported between locations and data centers.Ciena’s solution adheres to local and international regulations and legislations, including the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 encryption certification.
- Additionally, Ciena’s software-based MyCryptoTool gives KB Kookmin Bank a dedicated management user portal that allows end-users to remotely control all of the security parameters associated with their encrypted services.
- “We are committed to providing the best possible service to our customers, which includes data protection and security. Ciena’s optical encryption solution provides an extra layer of protection and gives our customers the confidence to know their personal information is safe.”
- Kim Ki-Hyun, CIO of KB Kookmin Bank
- “Protecting mission-critical financial information and our customers’ data is vitally important to our business. Ciena’s encryption capabilities allow KB Kookmin Bank to provide the reliability, resiliency and performance its customers expect.”
- Henry Kim, President and General Manager, South Korea at Ciena
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn
Note to Ciena InvestorsYou are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.