Ciena to Showcase Latest Innovations at Mobile World Congress 2017
Demonstrations illustrate how networks can prepare for next wave of bandwidth growth
20 Feb 2017
/ HANOVER, Md., U.S.A.
Attendees at Mobile World Congress 2017, which takes place February 27 – March 2 at the Fira Gran Via in Barcelona, Spain, will have the opportunity to learn more about Ciena’s (NYSE: CIEN) networking and advanced software innovations, including the recently announced WaveLogic Ai, Blue Planet Analytics, Blue Planet MDSO , and Distributed NFV solutions. Ciena experts will also be on hand to discuss the changing dynamics of today’s telecom networks and how choice, virtualization, software programmability and network analytics are driving Ciena’s leadership in the rapidly-evolving networking industry.
Booth Highlights (Hall 2, Booth 2J51):
Mobile World Congress’ 2017 theme, The Next Element, will showcase how the phenomenon of mobile is changing the foundation of today’s world. At the event, Ciena’s booth will feature current use-cases of the latest networking solutions and software essential to the growth of mobile and connectivity:
- Agile Optical Networks for Tomorrow’s 5G Mobile Networks – Mobile network data will experience an impressive compound annual growth rate of 45 percent over the next decade, creating significant challenges for mobile network operators. To address this growth, Ciena helps architect agile optical networks that interconnect users to content and prevent overbuilding of future 5G wireline networks. Ciena experts will share insights on ways operators can easily and rapidly scale and move optical bandwidth around the network to give consumers and businesses the experiences they demand, on demand – from Netflix to on-the-move video calls – at any time without the network toppling over.
- Blue Planet Multi-Domain Service Orchestration (MDSO) – Creating and provisioning services across cloud-based and traditional network domains today is a highly complex, manual and siloed process. This demonstration of Blue Planet MDSO illustrates the ability to automate and orchestrate service delivery from end-to-end across multiple domains including NFV, SD-WAN and the physical network. Ciena experts will showcase how Blue Planet MDSO accelerates the delivery of new on-demand services and gives customers ‘self-service’ control over their operational transformation.
- Blue Planet Analytics – This demonstration illustrates how gathering massive amounts of data from a network can be turned into actionable decisions using machine learning and big data analytics. With Blue Planet Analytics (BPA) and related analytics applications, operators can gain new insights into their network to make smarter, data-driven business decisions. Ciena experts will highlight how these capabilities give operators the ability to visualize and anticipate potential network and service disruptions before they take place, create more profitable services, and better predict capacity requirements.
- Distributed Network Function Virtualization (D-NFV) Solution – Ciena’s D-NFV solution allows network operators to quickly and reliably roll out new virtual network services, such as SD-WAN, IP routing, firewalls, and encryption, from their preferred virtual network function (VNF) vendor. Ciena experts will be on hand to discuss how Ciena’s open, D-NFV solution gives service providers the hardware, software, and professional services they need to offer distributed network services and expedite time to revenue, lower overall costs, and eliminate vendor lock-in.
- Blue Planet V-WAN Bandwidth-on-Demand (BoD) – This demonstration illustrates how Ciena’s Blue Planet V-WAN solution, recently deployed by Southern Cross for its Trans-Pacific Gigaflex elastic capacity offerings, can schedule BoD network services that allow operators to broaden their service portfolios for expanded revenue streams and intercept the industry’s growing affinity for consumption-based business models.
- Ciena Content Delivery Platform – Ciena’s open approach, together with Blue Planet Orchestration and the Blue Orbit Partner Ecosystem, helps service providers evolve from a purely ‘service level agreement’ based infrastructure into a ‘quality of experience’ aware organization. Ciena experts will be available to demonstrate ways network operators can improve the performance of their internet service for Over the Top (OTT) video content, increasing customer satisfaction and creating new business opportunities.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.