Ciena Executives to Speak at Mobile World Congress 2016
09 Feb 2016
/ HANOVER, Md., U.S.A. and BARCELONA, Spain
Attendees at Mobile World Congress 2016, which takes place February 22 – 25 at the Fira Gran Via in Barcelona, Spain, will have an opportunity to hear from two senior Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) executives and see demonstrations that show how software has moved from a hardware side-effect to changing the dynamics of the network. Ciena’s advanced software and networking platforms enable the next-generation mobile network and support over-the-top (OTT) services, video, the Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud-based applications that all rely on the seamless provisioning of services between end-users and servers in the data centre.
- February 22, 16:45 pm CET (Hall 4, Auditorium 2) – Francois Locoh-Donou, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, will join industry leaders from Heavy Reading, AT&T, Nokia, Cirrus Core Networks and International Synchronoss for the “NFV Implementation: Beyond Cost Savings” panel session.
- February 25, 12:50 pm CET (Hall 8.0, Theatre F) – Keri Gilder, Vice President and General Manager, EMEA, is participating in the ‘Women Leadership Accelerating the Digital Age’ panel session during the MWC Connected Women Summit.
- February 22-23-24, 12:00 pm CET (Hall 3.0 Stand 3K10) – Recep Ozdag, Sr. Director of Ciena’s Blue Planet division, is taking part in various VMware ‘NFV Track’ panel sessions.
Demonstrations (Hall 2 Stand 2J51):
Ciena will demonstrate some of the latest enhancements to its converged packet optical, packet networking and Blue Planet software platforms.
- Software Enabled Network Transformation – utilising Ciena’s Blue Planet Multi Domain Service Orchestration (MDSO), Network Function Virtualisation (NFV) and management software. Demonstrations include:
- Ciena’s Blue Planet to automate and reduce time-to-market to help service providers grow revenue with new virtual services.
- V-WAN for automatic setup and provisioning of on-demand services to turn the network into an on-demand resource aligned to the needs of users and machine-to-machine (M2M) applications.
- Ciena’s ONOS SDN data centre controller for highly-scalable, flow-based control of data centre networks.
- CenturyLink’s Programmable Service Backbone (PSB) for the delivery of next-generation virtualised services to its enterprise and small and mid-sized business (SMB) customers.
- NFV orchestration of virtual managed router and vCPE services at ecosystem partner stands; Dell (Hall 3 Stand 3K30) and VMware (Hall 3 Stand 3K10).
- In-flight Data Security via Optical Encryption – transforming encryption deployments from cumbersome to commonplace. This demonstration will show how businesses can address increasing pressure from customers and government legislation to fully protect their data with Ciena’s WaveLogic Encryption, the industry’s first 100G/200G optical encryption solution.
- Content Distribution and Backup Made Easy – data centres play a key role in our application-centric world; hosting content, cloud applications and for data storage and backup. This demonstration will feature Ciena’s Waveserver that provides simple, high-bandwidth, plug-and-play data centre interconnect (DCI).
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-K, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on December 21, 2015. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.