Ciena Drives Web-scale Networking at Submarine Networks World 2016
11 Oct 2016 / HANOVER, Md., USA and SINGAPORE
Attendees at Submarine Networks World 2016, which takes place October 17 – 19 at the Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre in Singapore, will hear from Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) senior executives and see demonstrations highlighting how Ciena’s latest optical transmission technologies and GeoMesh solution seamlessly integrate and protect international submarine and terrestrial networks. Ciena will highlight its OPn network approach and how it provides submarine cable operators with greater choice coupled with software-centric innovations, such as overall network health and big data analytics.
Ciena executives and technical experts will participate in technical sessions and speaking panels throughout the conference.
- 17 October, 10:15 am SGT – Steve Alexander, Chief Technology Officer, will present the Terabit Submarine Cables…Too Big To Fail?’ plenary session
- 18 October, 9:15 am SGT – Anthony McLachlan, General Manager for Asia Pacific, will join a panel discussion titled ‘Planning for your Network’s Long-Term Future, Today’
- 18 October, 12:10 pm SGT – Ed McCormack, Vice President and General Manager of International Accounts and Submarine Systems, will participate in a panel discussion on ‘Re-evaluating Your Cable’s Lifespan’
Demonstrations (Booth 17 - 18):
- GeoMesh technology, integrated testing, and monitoring tools, as well as Blue Planet Analytics – Ciena will demonstrate how submarine and terrestrial networks can be integrated into a seamless pool of abstracted network resources with multiple protection and restoration paths for robust availability with software-based testing and monitoring tools.
- International Data Center Interconnect – Ciena will show how its WaveserverTM platform is achieving new benchmarks for transport economics while simultaneously reducing power and space requirements. The openness and programmability of the platform enable automatic connection set-up and tear down through open Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
(877) 857 -7377
(877) 243 6273
+44 207 012 5869