Ciena Brings Entertainment and Network Innovations to OFC 2017
09 Mar 2017 / HANOVER, Md.
OFC 2017 attendees at the Los Angeles Convention Center can not only learn more about Ciena®'s (NYSE: CIEN) latest networking and software innovations, but also ‘rock out’ with its award-winning band, OTN Speedwagon. A former winner of the FORTUNE Battle of the Corporate Bands in 2013, the group is comprised of 11 employees from around the world with a variety of roles in the company and a love of music.
Additionally, Ciena experts will be on hand to discuss and demonstrate how Ciena is redefining the way networks are built to prepare for the next wave of bandwidth growth. At its booth (#2146) and Innovation Lab, a big rig truck fully equipped with the latest next-generation networking innovations, Ciena will show how its industry-leading portfolio supports the shift to high-capacity, automated networks for today’s on-demand world by:
- Dramatically improving transport economics with twice the capacity across any distance via WaveLogic Ai coherent optics, shown for the first time in both the 6500 and Waveserver Ai platforms;
- Accelerating innovation and solution integration via Ciena’s Emulation Cloud virtual lab simulators;
- Providing simple, scalable, flexible data center interconnect with Ciena's Waveserver.
Key Events and Speaking Sessions:
- 3:30 p.m. – Maurice O'Sullivan, Senior Director, System Engineering, will present during the “Will Machine Learning and Big-data Analytics Relieve us From the Complexity of System and Network Engineering?” workshop.
- 9:00 a.m. – Michel Belanger, Director, Advanced Electro-Optic Development, will present at the “Capacity Crunch: When, Where, and What Can Be Done?” workshop.
- 9:00 a.m. – Rick Dodd, Chief of Open Architecture, will participate in the “White Box Optics: Will it Kill or Encourage Innovations?” workshop.
- 1:30 p.m. – Robert Hadaway, Principal, Product Line Management, Submarine Optical Networks, will participate in the “Internet Content Providers Building Out Undersea Networks – What Does This Mean for Everyone Else?” panel discussion during the OIDA Executive Forum.
- 6:30 p.m. – OTN Speedwagon will perform at the OFC conference reception.
- 12:00 p.m. – Dave Miedema, Senior Technical Advisor, Research and Development, will participate in the “Open Management and Monitoring of Multi-layer Web-scale and Carrier Networks” session.
- 1:00 p.m. – Kim Roberts, Vice President, WaveLogic Science, will present during the “Are Electronic & Optical Components Ready to Support Higher Symbol Rates & Denser Constellations?” panel.
- 10:30 a.m. – Rick Dodd and Martin Guy, Senior Director, Packet-Optical Platforms, will participate in the “Photonic Integration Business Case – Reality Check” Market Watch panel.
For a full list of speaking sessions please visit //www.ciena.com/next-steps/events/ofc-2017/.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
(877) 857 -7377
(877) 243 6273