Harness the power of advanced analytics and AI
A fast-evolving network may be complex, but it contains a wealth of information that enables you to make smart decisions to help grow your business.
Imagine having easy access to all the information you need to anticipate—and act on—potential network issues before service disruptions or a breach in SLA takes place. Or being able to accurately plan and optimize network resources to meet both current and future service demand. Or even dynamically reconfiguring and optimizing your network so the quality of your video content never falters—no matter how many users are on the network.
Blue Planet® Unified Assurance and Analytics (UAA) can help you focus on these initiatives—and much more.
Blue Planet UAA Software Suite
Blue Planet UAA is an open software suite that leverages the latest innovations in AI and Machine Learning (ML) to provide unprecedented network insight and control, helping transform and simplify your network and service assurance operations. As part of the Blue Planet Intelligent Automation portfolio, UAA complements the automated service fulfillment capabilities provided by Blue Planet Multi-Domain Service Orchestration (MDSO) and NFV Orchestration (NFVO) to help you meet customer expectations in service quality, while enabling you to make the most of your network resources.
UAA is built to power the Adaptive Network™—a network capable of dynamically self-optimizing and self-configuring based on real-time demands and pressures. Human oversight is also a fundamental part of the solution, which allows you to decide how much autonomy is given to the network.
Features and benefits
Real-time data collection and processing that offers computational scale by integrating with leading data cluster platforms in on-premises deployments, supporting multi-site data collection
Support for closed-loop assurance automation by integrating with policy sub-systems, network orchestrators, and domain managers
Foundation for business growth, improved profitability, and customer satisfaction with flexible solutions that provide tangible business value
Blue Planet UAA comprises the following software components:
• UAA platform provides core functions for unified data collection, processing, and storage. It also supplies the ML library used by AI-powered assurance applications.
• UAA Resource Adapters (RAs) collect real-time, multisource telemetry and assurance data and provide the interface between the network and UAA platform. Over 1,000 products across more than 135 vendors are supported today, and this number is growing.
• Assurance applications run on the UAA platform—and you can combine them in any way to help address specific use cases. Applications include:
- Network Operations Advisor: ML-assisted root-cause analysis and prescriptive recommendations for enabling preemptive resolution of service-impacting issues
- Network Health Predictor: ML-assisted predictive analytics for identifying loss of signal outages
- SLA Management: SLA thresholding and monitoring with customer-centric views and control
- Services Assurance: Dynamic modeling of relationships between application, physical, and virtual components
- Ethernet Assurance: MEF Y.1731 compliance ethernet service monitoring with customer impact analysis
- Fault Management: Consolidation of faults and events into a single pane of glass for unified monitoring and management
- Performance Management: Anomaly detection using baselining normal performance and configuration of thresholds
With Blue Planet UAA, you can invest in analytics and assurance projects, adopting a step-wise approach toward greater ROI. Our team of software development and Ciena Services experts are always available to assist you in your journey to the Adaptive Network.