Blue Planet simplifies the delivery of managed SD-WAN services
Improve business agility. Increase application performance. And lower costs. SD-WAN is a rapidly growing use case for SDN in the WAN—offering a number of benefits for enterprises operating private WANs. For service providers, it also provides the opportunity to deliver a highly compelling new virtualized service offering. Complement ongoing SDN and NFV initiatives and enhance your enterprise customer’s WAN with the secure delivery of business-critical cloud applications and improved user experience.
SD-WAN is an overlay technology that creates virtual connections to securely route traffic between enterprise branch offices and cloud or corporate data centers. SD-WANs run ‘over the top’ of the public Internet, leveraging available broadband access links such as DSL, PON, and LTE that are provided by a physical or virtual CPE appliance. With a managed SD-WAN offering, the service provider operates the overlay SD-WAN solution for their end-customer(s), which can include a mix of on-net and off-net connectivity.
Blue Planet provides a flexible, open orchestration framework that helps service providers overcome a number of key challenges related to operationalizing managed SD-WAN service deployments. By serving as a vendor-agnostic abstraction layer, Blue Planet:
- Prevents lock-in to any specific SD-WAN vendor/solution, avoiding the creation of a service-specific operational silo
- Simplifies SD-WAN integration with the existing OSS
- Enables highly differentiated hybrid services that combine SD-WAN instances with cloud, NFV, and WAN resources to meet enterprise customers’ evolving requirements
- Open, vendor-agnostic orchestration eliminates lock-in to any single SD-WAN solution, avoiding inefficient operational silos
- Reduces OSS integration complexity and cost via REST APIs, simplifying service lifecycle management
- Enables service differentiation by simplifying the combination of SD-WANs with cloud, NFV and physical WAN resources using TOSCA-based templates
- Supports multiple SD-WAN solutions today via the Blue Orbit SDN and NFV Ecosystem
- Facilitates rapid on-boarding of any SD-WAN solution via the Blue Planet DevOps Toolkit